Apr 7, 2008

Darfur

Did you know that the armed conflict in Sudan's Darfur region has been going on for FIVE years now? How easy it has been for me to slowly stop thinking about it, and to stop trying to educate people about it. Listening to this song reminded me how important it is not to give up on helping those in need. The women in the displacement camps are still being raped. Only about a third of the required peacekeeping troops have been deployed..... FIVE years after the conflict started...

Check out Save Darfur for more information, to make a donation, or to learn how you can help. Click the play button below to listen to the song.

State RadioSudan

"If I had but one wish on which to stand,
I'd have the weapons all leave Sudan.
I'd see the gunners wash their empty hands,
Down by the riverside."
- State Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!