Jan 15, 2012

Sweet Words

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

I've always loved words.  My mother, a children's author, once wrote a short story about the words and phrases I'd invent as a child.  ("My molars!" being a favorite.)  While I may not be a writer like Mom, I still love language.  I love words that describe very specific things.  I love learning new words.  I'm a insatiable Scrabble player.

Lately, I've been playing with the idea of pairing words and photographs.  It's not a novel concept by any means, but I'm learning, and hopefully putting a bit of my own spin on it.  I don't want to create the standard inspirational office poster, but rather incorporate words as part of the piece of art.  Words that are sweet to my soul. 

Right now I'm practicing, taking inspiration from others but using my own images and my own favorite phrases.  I'm enjoying the process of learning and growing and stretching my creative wings.





Have you done any creative exploring lately?  Won't you share your experiments with us in the comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!