Nov 9, 2008

A Blast from My Past

My husband wanted a demonstration of how my new slide/film scanner worked, so I dug out some of my negatives from college and scanned them in. My best friend and I had woken up at 5:30 AM one morning to get out into a bog by 6 AM. Getting up that early was a feat of epic proportions, and we nearly gave into our late-sleeping habits. But I am so very, very glad that we didn't. It was amazing. More beautiful and inspiring than photographs could ever portray.

But, that said, I did get some pretty nice photos! Here's one. I didn't manipulate it digitally at all, just scanned it in and re-sized it to web resolution. When I used this image in my college photography course, I chose a different exposure. I don't think I realized how lovely this high-key version was.

The Bog 1


I am impatient to scan in several more, but it's rather late and if I start now I'll be up until the wee hours and won't be productive tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You know what? I think we may have even set our alarms for 4:30 rather than 5:30! We're crazy! But it was SOOOOO worth it! In preparation for moving I finally took those bog pictures down from my wall. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!