Mar 17, 2009

Céad Mile Fáilte

Welcome & Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm half Irish, and have always celebrated St. Patrick's Day with an Irish meal, eaten with family. We usually had the traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage - but none of us kids really like corned beef (all that marbled fat - yuck!). Today, I'm keeping the tradition alive with lamb stew and brown bread. When I went to Ireland (6 1/2 years ago now!) I fell in love with the bread there - dense, hearty, coarse grained wheaten bread. The recipe I'm trying today sounds like it might get close to the real deal - we'll see. I also ate a lot of Kilmeadan Red Cheddar in Ireland, and spent years trying to find a substitute in the US. (Kerrygold doesn't come close.) Tipperary brand is a pretty good fit.

But I digress. In honor of the day, I'd like to feature a couple of Irish artists I found on Etsy today - Bonzie & FunkyBlink! Glimpses of their work can be found below. Bonzie is feminine, elegant, and mysterious; while FunkyBlink is fun, energetic, and full of riotous color. Enjoy!


Etsy
Buy Handmade
bonzie



Etsy
Buy Handmade
FunkyBlink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!