Aug 27, 2009

The System is Down

Have any of you seen Homestar Runner? If so you may recognize the clip that was running through my head as I typed my post title today :-)

So - yeah, my main hard drive is officially toast! Luckily, I had very recently backed up, and was able to salvage the few things I'd worked on in the past week. So that is good news. Unfortunately, it does mean I have to wait to work on the photos I took this past weekend in the Finger Lakes! I am seriously bummed out. Right now I'm working off of my hubby's computer, and he doesn't have the fancy pants photo editing software I use.

Lesson learned? Back up your files OFTEN!

To entertain you while my new hard drive gets shipped or we hack together some temporary solution, I have some very exciting news to share. Today, I was featured on Apartment Therapy!! I'm psyched. Heck, I'm super-psyched!



I'm also pretty amused by the comments people are leaving out there on the "anonymous" interweb. Some are a bit snarky, but I don't mind too much. I don't know if they realize the actual artists read their comments! Most of the comments are either very sweet, or very amusing. This one, I think, is priceless:

"I think the bird is too busy pining for the fjords to worry about being tied to a dowel."

Love it. Two random geek humor moments in one blog post. Can you believe it??

1 comment:

  1. Being featured in Apartment Therapy is amazing- congrats! I too find the comments hilarious...

    Sorry about your HD, btw, but it's great you were able to get everything off of it. That's what is important!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!