Aug 29, 2010

A Quick Weekend Project

Oh, how good it was to spend our first Saturday morning back from vacation checking out local yard sales! We are still adjusting back from UK time, which means we've been waking up earlier than usual. This is a perfect for getting the best stuff at yard sales, of course. We had good success, found some deals, and had some fun. I'd been meaning to try my hand at dressing up some old furnishings, so when I spotted a pretty wicker-framed mirror for $2, I snatched it up. It was an easy and enjoyable weekend project...

Here's what I started with:


Saturday afternoon, I carefully cleaned the mirror and frame, masked the mirror, and applied a few coats of canary yellow spray paint:


By Sunday morning, the paint was dry and the mirror was ready to brighten up our guest room wall!


What do you think? Have you ever felt motivated to paint or update a yard sale find?

1 comment:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!