Dec 27, 2006

New Photography Fun & Games

So obviously I couldn't stay away for my whole "vacation" :-P

But, I'm just starting to play with a new technique and it is too fun not to share! Just tonight I started experimenting with ways to make a photogram (see description here) using digital means. Tonight's experiments involved a extremely bright metal halide lamp, an old scanner, and some flower petals. I am intrigued by the results and will post more details on the technique once I get it honed down. I'm going to try a few other methods, so we'll see what comes of it all.



Hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Diana -

    The answer to your question about my photograms and UV/IR images is "all of the above". Depending on the image, I used IR filtration, a scanner, and varying light sources.

    Best wishes with your work - Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Harold - I'm having a lot of fun starting to explore this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I teach high school and wondered if youo might give me some specific instructions on how to create the type of beautiful photograms you've on your page.

    Thanks
    CS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CS,
    I'm happy to try and describe the process, though it's been a while since I've done any. Send me a message via my contact page - http://dsbrennan.com/contact.htm - and I'll be able to explain more fully over email. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!