Jun 7, 2008

Hot Fun in the Summertime

It's hot out! Should be in the mid-90's this weekend, here in Rhode Island. I'm glad that our house is well-shaded - we're staying cool and comfortable inside. (I'm sure any readers from Arizona or Florida will scoff at my calling this hot!)

Despite the heat wave, I'm enjoying discovering all of the growing things coming up in the yard. It's our first June as homeowners, and it's magical to always have fresh flowers blooming around us. I also love the fact that, since it's our property, we can cut a few here and there and bring a piece of nature inside. Especially on a day like today when it's too hot to venture out for long!

Take this pretty Cow Parsley, for example:
(Available as a print in my Etsy shop)



Stay cool, and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!