Jun 2, 2008

My week in review...

Life has calmed down significantly now that my first outdoor show is finished! I finally have time to do a nice big blog post, so here's what I've been up to lately...

While grand hopes for camping over Memorial Day weekend didn't pan out, we did do some hiking with friends. My camera definitely needed some exercise, so it came along too and captured these pretty violets.

Most of my week was spent doing less recreational activities and more prep-work for stART in the Park. Between getting prints made up, having rush orders mounted on wood by the amazing iolabs, and matting my prints, I was putting in a lot of 10 hour days (and completely taking over the dining room). I was also doing some bogslogging at my day job (I discovered that aquatic macroinvertebrate I.D. is kinda fun).



All that work paid off when Saturday afternoon rolled around and I only had a few errands left to run in order to get ready. Sunday was the big day, and it started early. We had absolutely stunning weather, and I had a lot of fun. My booth was inbetween two friends - painter Julie Beck and Linda of à la mode. I met some great people, traded Flickr account addresses, and made a few sales. A big thank you to the buyers - I'm thrilled that my work found such good homes.

I don't think I've ever been more mentally exhausted than when I got home last night, but it was worth it. Today I've got plans to actually spend time taking new photos, and next weekend is the Rhode Island Artists for Save the Bay event! Hope to see you there, or later this month at the Narragansett Art Festival!

2 comments:

  1. great post diana! glad to hear you did well and your booth looks fantastic! see you soon :D
    layla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/03/2008

    Glad it was a success Diana, they are so much fun aren't they? Lots of work, but fun! Your booth looked great too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!