Mar 2, 2009

Quiet Day

It's snowing again - I won't have to struggle to pick an exercise routine for the day... shoveling has me covered!

Pussy Willows on a Snowy Day


Today seems like a day for settling down under a blanket, with a cup of tea and a good book. I'm striving to be "productive" - took some fun, somewhat experimental photos of my blossoming pussy willow branches. I "rented" an audiobook through my library system - Cybele's Secret by one of my favorite authors, Juliet Marillier. I'll listen to it later today while making chicken soup from last night's leftovers.

I've given up "frivolous" internet and computer use for Lent this year, and while it is difficult, I'm finding great satisfaction in a cleaner house, time to make yogurt, bread, and soup, and a somehow simpler day-to-day life.

2 comments:

  1. Let's just talk about how cool you are...Diana is so cool! OK, that's done. See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Nice work! And good for you on limiting the Internet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!