I've had some good times and some bad news this week, but I think it's important to remember what we're grateful for no matter what is going on in our lives. It gives us perspective and reminds us of all the great reasons we have to keep making the most of every day.
I'd like to encourage you all to post some things you're grateful for today, either a full five or even just one or two. You could post your "happinesses" in a comment (I love getting comments, and read them all), on your own blog (please share a link), or even in a private journal. Let's create a really positive environment here in cyberspace today!
Five things I'm grateful for today:
1) The wonderful weekend I spent with family.
2) The precious memories of spending time with my grandparents.
3) Seeing the pure joy on my nephew's face as he watched his kite flying.
4) Being able to spend time in the garden yesterday.
5) The inspiration that comes from being a part of a supportive group of creative people.
I find that when I sit down and think about the things I'm grateful for, it makes me more observant of the precious moments in life. To me as a photographer, this is also another way of honing my perceptions and noticing things worth capturing.
So, what good things are you noticing in your life?