May 27, 2009

Let's Get Technical - Podcast 2

Week 2: F-Stop & Aperture



Hi all - the images below help illustrate some of the concepts I'm talking about today. I'll refer to them in the podcast, as I go along. For more information regarding some of the really technical stuff, check out the following links:

F-Number
Depth of Field

1. Large Aperture 2. Small Aperture


F-stop Values Relating to Aperture Size


Depth of Field



Images in this post are from Wikimedia Commons.


Creative Commons Attribution Creative Commons Share Alike

The image files in this podcast post are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 2.5, Attribution ShareAlike 2.0 and Attribution ShareAlike 1.0 License. In short: you are free to share and make derivative works of the files in this post under the conditions that you appropriately attribute them, and that you distribute them only under a license identical to this one.

2 comments:

  1. sometimes I wish I could just have you over for a few all day lessons, but this is the next best thing.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Depth of field stuff difficult. I think I finally get the apeture/f stop thing - I have a Canon non-digital that offered an automatic or manual option and I always used to chicken out and choose automatic. (Now I want to pull it out of a drawer and play with it...but hate the film now spoiled by ease of diginat...my question is - when you are taking a photo - how do you go through all this stuff in your head and also take the photo? Do you preset everything? It's a bit like math class.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!