Aug 11, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

Hello all! I'm back from my camping trip and enjoying having a real mattress to sleep on again. I had a wonderful time, and came home feeling the deep, soul-cleansing relaxation I haven't felt in a very, very long time. Spending three days outdoors with cool breezes, green leaves, and birdsong greeting you each morning is healing, know what I mean?

Only a few of us were able to stay until Monday, and so the last day of our trip was quiet and calm. I was determined to take some photos in early morning light, but was deterred by rain on Sunday morning. Success came on Monday, when I slipped out of my tent just before sunrise and headed to Conservation Island with my sister and mother-in-law. The best moment - when we rounded the corner to the first sun-drenched swathe of ferns and all gasped at how beautiful it was. My sister and mother-in-law picked wild blueberries and helped carry my gear while I worked - swapping between the Diana camera and the D70, the polarizer and the infrared filter... I have so many photos to share with you! Here are the first few:

The Green Path


Wild Blueberries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!