Dec 15, 2009

Happy Holidays, and a Recap

Happy Holidays! Whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Yule, Kwanzaa, Christmas, something else entirely, or nothing at all, I wish you joy and peace in this winter season. I hope you're finding (or taking) a few minutes every day to relax and connect with your inner quiet. I think it's something we all need to do more regularly, especially during this busy time of year.



I also promised a recap of the Foundry Holiday Show, so I figured I'd better deliver. I spent Monday and most of this morning recovering... aka cleaning and decorating my house! But now I need to buckle down to business.

Opening night at the show was lovely. I was on duty manning the silent auction. Luckily, my post was right by the table with the wine, fruit, and cookies! So, I was able to enjoy some refreshments, listen to the band, and even dance around a bit. The mood was great - very festive and fun. Both shoppers and sellers looked like they were having a good time.

Overall, I think the show was a success. I don't have final numbers yet, but the first weekend's earnings were about what they were last year - so that's good. I also went through three boxes of business cards! That was pretty unprecedented for me. So I'm hoping that folks will come find me again later in the year, maybe to get something for their own home.

As always, I met some wonderful folks and really enjoyed spending time with my fellow artists. I think I even managed not to spend more than I made! I did come home with some gifts, a gorgeous mobile (one I plan to show you once we put it up), and a beautiful blown glass vase.

Here are some of the folks whose work came home with me:

WB Sculpture
Tanner Glass
LBK Studio
Artgirlz
Hijacked Ceramics

I think you'll enjoy them!

1 comment:

  1. As always, it is a treat to have you at the Foundry Show! Glad you got some well deserved R&R!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!