Dec 14, 2011

When Life Demands Down Time

Sometimes, no matter how many tasks are on the to do list, life tells us to slow down.  After two weeks of fairly high stress and exposure to crowds of (wonderful) people, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that I woke up with a head cold.  At first I was annoyed at being forced to take it easy.  With such low levels of physical and creative energy, what on earth could I "get done" today?

But in the midst of this enforced relaxation, I found I was able to get to some of the quieter projects I've been putting off.  One of these was submitting images to photo contests, which often crop up at this time of year.  I was particularly intrigued by the Environmental Photography Exhibition - what a perfect fit for my values and aesthetic! 

The quiet task of reviewing my recent images, and choosing three to submit, has felt particularly healing today.  And now, I plan to curl up with my favorite blanket, a mug of hot tea, and a good book.



How do you make the most of those days when you're forced into relaxation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!