May 20, 2009

Hump Day Happiness

Hello everyone! After a threat of frost the night before last, I can hardly believe how gorgeous it is today! I couldn't stay cooped up in the office any longer, so I decided why not blog from the deck!



Ahhh, that's better. See that poppy on the table? Well, this morning I did some unexpected shopping... I went to The Good Earth with every intention of just taking a few photos and enjoying the morning, and came home with a plant. Truth is, I've been trying to get some poppies started from seed - I love poppies - but haven't had much success. I think they need more light than I'm able to give indoors. We've got big plans to build a light table system for starting plants, but haven't gotten around to it yet. (Like so many projects around the house.)

I didn't just shop, I did get some photos this morning too! I'll be working on them tonight - need my desktop's processing power for that. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy this exquisite day. It can be hard for me not to just stay in my familiar rut of routine, but I'm making an effort to savor little gifts like today.

Oh, right! Hump day happiness time! :-) It won't be hard to come up with a list this week. Today I'm grateful for:

1) This beautiful day!
2) Poppies blooming
3) Ice cold water
4) Woodstock wind chimes
5) Lettuce from the garden

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!