Dec 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

I'm signing off soon to celebrate the coming of the New Year. I hope you all have a joyous and safe celebration and a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2010!

As 2009 draws to a close I'm enjoying the snow falling outside and relishing the summery joy of the new plants I purchased at Logee's yesterday. (If you're in Southern New England, you must stop at this greenhouse on a cold day in winter. It's like heaven. The website does not show you how the inside is full to bursting with growing things, warm and humid, with fig trees growing out of the packed earth floor and creepers covering the walls.)

A little snapshot of my day, after filling our little Wardian Case with some Ficus specimens and a dwarf Begonia...

Outside:


Inside:




Sometimes I think I should have been born during the Natural History boom of the Victorian Era. But I am glad to live now, and be able to connect with so many people all over the world.

All the best to you and yours this last day of 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!